3.04.2012

My Bedside Table

Day 4: My Bedside Table
#marchphotoaday

This picture is pretty much all you need to know about me in a nutshell. Books, glasses, charger, remote, eyemask, pearls, photo. Done-zo. The only thing missing was my Neosporin night lip balm. Oh you haven't tried it before? Get your tail to Target now and buy at least four of them. You can thank me later.

The fact that day 4 was bedside table was pretty fortuitous. Because bedside table = sleeping and I love sleeping. No doubt about it. I could sleep all day long. And I sometimes do. There's also a little white lie in this picture too, but not one that I can help! Remember that we're living in a furnished apartment right now, so this isn't really *my* bedside table. Soon enough.

Books: I'm currently reading Emma by Jane Austen and Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I'm a classics girl. I keep a journal of all the books I've read (well, since 2005) and it's mostly classics. Can't help it. The copy of Crime and Punishment is on loan from my mother. We both have plowed our way through Anna Karenina and War and Peace. Did I ever tell you guys about the time my freshman year of college I wanted to be a Russian History major? (I. Am. Weird.) The hardback copy of Jane Austen is part of a set I bought at Jane Austen's house in 2004. I was there with Lindsey and Marie and we laughed about how I lugged those damn hardback books all the way to London and then home. I'm glad I did though.

Glasses: I have two pairs of glasses. One for out and about, which you've seen all over this blog, and then this pair, which is strictly for nighttime at the house. Same prescription, just prefer to wear those at home.

Phone charger: Isn't it amazing how that little piece of technology is the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night? Two truths: alarm clock in the morning and most likely wikipedia at night. (If I can't sleep I read wikipedia, generally does the trick!) Thank you Steve Jobs for changing the world for the better!

Remote: I don't like watching TV in bed, but sometimes I do. The remote probably shouldn't even be in this picture, but, where else would it live but the bedside table?

Eyemask: You can make fun of me all you like, but I sleep 3 or 4 nights a week with that bad boy on. And it makes such a difference. I'm not a fussy sleeper, but I like how it makes the room completely black and I have no choice but to shut my eyes and go to sleep. Mr. B bought me that one a few years ago.

Pearls: My favorite accessory ever. Some nights I don't even bother to take them off. (Why? I'm just going to put them on again in the morning. But then I feel dumb when I realize I'm sleeping in pearls. That's sort of lame.) I have a few pairs. This one is my day-to-day pair, but I also bust out the pair Mr. B gave me for our wedding when I'm feeling extra special.

Photo: And last, but certainly not least, is a photo of Mr. B and me on safari in Kenya in 2006. We had an amazing time - by far the best vacation we've taken together - and I would recommend it to anyone. Lions, Giraffes, Hippos, Jaguars, Monkeys, oh my! We're going to have to take another one someday because this was before we had a real DSLR camera and we were just using a crappy point-and-click the entire time. Right after this trip I bought Mr. B a proper camera.

Yep. That's me in a nutshell. Any questions?


1 comment:

  1. I use a sleep mask too and I love the deep slumber it puts me in.

    Um, love that you sleep in your pearls sometimes. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete