3.02.2011

Happy Texas Independence Day ya'll!

Today, Texans are celebrating the Terquasquincentennial Texas Independence Day.  And by Terquasquincentennial, I mean 175th! How's THAT for a word? Thank you Texas Monthly for your assistance with that one! No, I'm not throwing a party - but I should - and yes, they teach this stuff in schools. 

Like every good Texan, I keep bits and pieces of Texas memorabilia around. My girlfriend, Lindsey, as a thank you present, bought us adorable Texas wineglasses. Extra large of course, because everything is bigger in Texas. My uncle, who has a flag for just about every holiday and country, will no doubt fly the Texas flag at his home in upstate New York today. (I'm secretly looking for one to fly on the porch of the AH too.  Ha!)

My favorite has to be the framed Texas flag Mr. B got me for my birthday a few years ago:


It's framed with reclaimed barn wood and looks ooooh so very nice in the 2nd floor stairway landing. Well, it will look nice when the obnoxious lime green paint is taken care of. On a side note, it is a problem that the lime green paint is starting to grow on me? I think I'm developing Stockholm Syndrome or something...? 

Happy Texas Independence Day ya'll!

Texas is the finest portion of the globe that has blessed my vision.
-Sam Houston 

Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation
in every sense of the word.
-John Steinbeck

Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called "walking."
-Former President George W. Bush
*(Politics aside, this is hilarious.)




No comments:

Post a Comment