3.24.2011

Sneak Peek: The Big Bad Back Bedroom Project

I was torn on whether or not to post a sneak peek picture of the guest room that has finally come together - just in time for Mama H's arrival TOMORROW.  Part of me wanted to wait until it was all finished, but what the heck.  It's snowing, gray and cold (yes, it's March) and I figure we all could use a little cheer up!


Mr. B gets all the credit for the "actual" work in getting the room together.  He moved the bed in, got the furniture ready, lamps, etc., while I spent Sunday at a baby shower for Colleen.  But I'll get back to the shower in a minute.  Missing here are the blinds (which Mr. B put up when I was at happy hour last night - I'm starting to see a pattern here?  Love you hubs!)  Pictures, mirror, curtains, rug, hope chest - all still to be added. 

I'm obsessing over my IKEA jade plant I picked up last week.  For starters, who knew IKEA had such awesome plants?  Anything green that you want indoors - they have it.  Heck, they even had the most beautiful orchids!  And for $7.99, I could get 2! One for the office, and one for home! 



Back to the shower!  Col's mom, Pat, and sister, Kelly, who is also pregnant, hosted the most wonderful shower for her this past weekend.  Colleen is expecting TWINS so it was a "double fun" shower.  Yes, pun intended, bad as it is.  I broke the first rule of good blogging too: I didn't take ANY pictures, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  I also met Jess, who I encouraged to start her own blog!  She's into Vegetarian / Vegan / All around healthy eating and as a mom (and athlete!) on the go, I thought it would be great to try her recipes!

The next few days will be super busy with Mama H. here but I promise there will be some fun posts to show for it!

9 comments:

  1. I bought a Jade plant (at Wal-Mart of all places) and it is beautiful too. And more importantly I've had it for a month and it's still living!

    I LOVE your little pillow on the bed, so perfect for a guest bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute blog! Cute guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the guest bedroom! It looks so welcoming! All white beds are my weakness. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness....i made in on the anniversary home - i'm famous! thanks for including the shower:) so glad you were there. wait til i tell my mom and kelly they got a mention. oh, and i want to book a reservation for the guest bedroom - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colleen you can come stay whenever you want to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erica, I don't have a walmart near me (believe it!) but I'm going out of my way to find one this weekend. MORE houseplants! MORE jade plants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you guys have a very pretty home : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! Both the guest room AND the fact I'm mentioned in your blog!!! I'm so glad I got to meet you- and your thank you note was the nicest I have ever read!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ags, LOVE the pillow, did you get it local or order online? The 'Keep Calm and.......?' thing was HUGE when we left last year, in fact Nicky even gave me a 'Keep Calm and Travel (I think?) for a farewell gift. I've even see it here in Oz, someone's making a mint.

    ALSO I actually sighed (in good way) when I saw the Gaudí Lizard, I can't believe Mr. B kept it. Been having such wonderful memories of that meeting and of Barcelona. Miss you guys and our mad European adventures.

    The room looks amazing btw, you guys are so creative and disciplined in your DIY, well done.

    ReplyDelete