8.23.2011

What NOT to do at work

*****Stop the press: since this original blog was posted, I have discovered the culprit of the crazy toilet paper faces. Needless to say, the joke was on ME. Which makes this all the more hilarious. Like I said, everyone needs a crazy graphic designer in their life to not only pick the best paint colors, but to taunt you for months on end with TP faces. :::crying with laughter:::*****

----------------------

I know this blog is supposed to be about our adventures renovating The Anniversary Home, but today I can't help but mix in a little day-to-day life. Because honestly, my day-to-day life plays out like a scary movie/reality tv show/trainwreck that you just have to see to believe. I'm not exaggerating.

So, friendly readers, when I ask you to think of things not to do at work, what comes to mind?

Probably the usual stuff about napping, getting too drunk at the company Christmas party and calling in a sickie when you just need a few more hours under the covers, right?

May I please make a suggestion for inclusion on the not to do at work list?

HOW ABOUT NOT DRAWING CREEPY FACES ON THE TOILET PAPER ROLLS IN THE BATHROOM.

Seriously yall. I can't make this up. And I have photo evidence to prove:




These little gems have started creeping up over the past month and a half. About every two weeks or so.

And it needs to stop.

For context, I work in an administrative building on campus that used to be an old mansion. Upside: it's a truly beautiful building and feels like home. Downside: it's a home and let's just say the bathrooms aren't like they would be in a modern office building. (i.e, at the end of the hallway away from offices.) It's an intimate setting and the last thing I need is these creepy faces staring at me.

Luckily, I have some of the best colleagues in the whole wide world who think this is as hilarious and uncomfortable as I do.  Better yet, they are as dedicated as I am to finding out who the culprit is. Which means this could get out of control. Just sayin'.





No comments:

Post a Comment